Hi guys! I am back for another day of Kristina Werner’s Simply watercolor class. I was super excited for this class because I wanted to play around making starry night skies or galaxies.
Day 4: Landscapes and Nature
First lesson: Simple landscape
Here I had a trouble with the washi tape I used to mark off the border of my landscape and the colors leaked creating blurry borders. I didn’t like it so I cut off my landscape and adhered it to a card front.
Second lesson: Starry Sky
Here is my blue-green starry sky, which I love!! I can believe how good it came out. The key was to make sure the tape was well secured so the colors wouldn’t bleed underneath the tape.
I had so much fun, that I made a second starry sky.
I finished both of my skies using border stamps from Pinkfresh studio.
- 12-color watercolor set (Any set you have works!)
- Washi tape or painters tape
- Canson XL watercolor paper; 140lb cold press (Amz)
- Flat #9 brush from the Benicci 15-pieces set (Amz)
- Round #5 brush from the Benicci 15-pieces set (Amz)
- Round #2 brush from the Benicci 15-pieces set (Amz)
- Sakura Pigma Micron 05 pen (Amz)
- Pink Fresh Studio’s Lovely Borders stamp set (SB)
- Sakura Gelly white pen (Amz)
- Tombow plastic eraser (Amz)
- T ruler (Amz)