I am back with my homework card for day two of Kristina Werner’s Simply Watercolor class. You can still join the class if you are interested (Onlinecardclasses.com).
Day 2 – Simple critters and animals
In today’s lessons, the objective was to create cute animals from simple geometric forms. I like my finished card but I still struggle to create light washed when coloring my critters. I always end up going for bright and bold colors, even when I am trying to keep it light.
Here is the final product! I really like my cute bear, weird ears and all!
I worked really hard on this card because I want to give it to one of my best friends on her graduation day (tomorrow!!). I know she is going to love it even if is terrible, but I wanted to impress her with my watercolor skills.
I will let you know what she thinks about the card…
- 12-color watercolor set (Any set you have works!)
- Canson XL watercolor paper; 140lb cold press (Amz)
- T ruler (Amz)
- Round #2 brush from the Benicci 15-pieces set (Amz)
- Tombow plastic eraser (Amz)
- Sakura Pigma Micron 05 pen (Amz)